Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

FO Friday: The Mustard Granny and a Waldorf doll named Indigo

So, my bestest friend from my youth, whom I've not seen since my daughter was a baby, due to moving away etc is due her first baby really soon! I'm so excited! She is a wonderfully talented artist jeweller, you can view her works here

So here is her gift:












Entirely hand crocheted and stitch by me, this is 400g of mustard coloured pure merino DK yarn and finished off with a white blanket stitch. It is absolutely gorgeous, I really hope she likes it!
Second project this week was a gift for my friend Clare's little girl for her 3rd birthday.




















I absolutely love this wee girl! She is fully jointed like your granny's old teddy bear, so her arms and legs have 360o movement. Her hair is made from yarn from Colinette mill and she's stuffed with pure lambs splinter wool. Her clothes are made from new and upcycled fabrics and she wears real leather sandals.
I love making a blog about my handmades, seeing as most of them are gifts, I can revisit them any time I like! :-)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment